This collection of quotes is being compiled by Lo Snöfall

02 June 2009

As I was sitting in my chair,
I knew the bottom wasn't there,
Nor legs nor back, but I just sat,
Ignoring little things like that.

~Hughes Mearns
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hughes_Mearns
his ideas, about encouraging the natural creativity of children, particularly those age 3 through 8, were novel at the time. It has been written about him that, "He typed notes of their conversations; he learned how to make them forget there was an adult around; never asked them questions and never showed surprise no matter what they did or said."

  • I Ride in My Coach (illustrated by W.T. Schwarz) 1923
  • Lions in the Way 1927
  • Richard Richard (illustrated by Ralph L. Boyer) 1916
  • Vinegar Saint (illustrated by Ralph L. Boyer) 1919

Blog Archive